Coronavirus: LASG Declares 2 Passengers On Turkish Airlines Flight Wanted

The Lagos state government on Monday revealed the names of the two suspected passengers of the Turkish Airlines, who flew, with the Italian man, from Istanbul to Lagos on February 24 and declared them wanted.

The names of the passengers were disclosed by the state’s Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi as Enwelunta Obumnore Godfrey (Male) and Salami Abiodun Sadeeq (Male), said the government is still in search of them.

According to Abayomi, the state has tried to contact the two passengers on the Turkish flight TK 625 and so far has not yet been able to do so.

He said, “I appeal to the two individuals to reach out to the ministry.

“Please we need to contact you and you need to be in touch with the Ministry of Health.

“We have been trying to reach you by the address you put on your forms and by the numbers but none of those numbers are working.

“It is vitally important that you reach out to us with the numbers that are generally available with the press, or to the Federal Ministry of Health or to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).”

Read Also: Police Rescues 12 Ladies From Ogun Baby Factory, Arrests Perpetrators

Speaking on the new case, the commissioner said those in contact with the secondary case of COVID-19 will begin a 14-day isolation process.

He said, “The secondary COVID-19 patient has had contact with a few people and those contacts will begin a 14-day isolation process.”

According to him, the contacts in Ogun state that are working at Lafarge factory in Ewekoro who came in contact with the index case had been under isolation in Ewekoro, Ogun State.

“As per our protocol, we have the capacity to test so that we can pick up whether any of those in isolation are turning positive and we have tested the 40 individuals in isolation in Ewekoro at the Lafarge factory because that is the group that had close contact with the index case.

“Out of the 40, we detected one positive and that individual happens to be spending a lot of time with the index case by the virtue of his job, that demonstrates the first transmission for the index case and the good news is that we have the individual under surveillance so that significantly minimises the chance of transmission to a large number of people.

“In consultation with the governor (Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu), we agreed that we received the second patient at the Yaba facility where we have the appropriate infrastructure, the trained staff and the equipment to manage the infection.”

The commissioner said they have been seeing a couple of people every day who are travellers from countries considered high risk and so far, they have isolated them for 24 hours.

“We have tested 12 and they are negative and they have gone home.

“Right now, we have three in isolation in Yaba and we should have their results later this afternoon and if they are negative, they will go home and if anyone is positive, then we will admit them,” he added.

On the index case, the commissioner said he is doing very well.

“I see him almost every day, he is now sitting on his balcony and has no fever, the only reason he is still with us is that his tests are still positive, that means that he is still excreting the virus but his body has overcome the virus and with time, he will eliminate the virus and soon as he eliminates the virus then he is free to go back to the community,” he said.

He said there is no cause for alarm as the state is handling the case as other states with the federal government and the NCDC.

“Our approach is to keep life and business going as usual and to make sure we minimise the opportunity for this virus to spread from person to person,” Abayomi added.

30th November 2021
Nigerian Pantagraph
Logo
%d bloggers like this: