Top News

Hip Hop Singer Electrocuted On Stage In Ogun

Tragedy struck in Gateway ICT Polytechnic, Sapaade, Ogun State, after a popular hip hop singer, Alimi Abiodun aka MC Bio was electrocuted while on stage.

The tragic incident which happened penultimate Friday threw the students into mourning.

The Nation gathered that the Higher National Diploma (HND) 2 Mass Communication student and some unnamed promoters had staged the event to welcome students back to school after the Yuletide holiday.

Trouble however started shortly after he mounted the stage and was trying to re-arrange the microphone’s cable.

It was said that he unknowingly touched a cable which had no insulation and was rushed to a nearby state General Hospital at Isara, where doctors confirmed him dead.

Read Also: Senator Suswam Transferred N3.1bn Into My Account, Witness Tells Court

Crestfallen students took to the social media especially Facebook to mourn the deceased artiste, who they described as a warm and happy-go-lucky person.

One of his schoolmates, Emmanuel Oyetola wrote: ‘’ January 16, 2020. That’s how you spoiled 2020 we had waited for years.

“When it’s time for the star to shine death took u. It’s a week you left us in this lonely world. I hope the angels welcomed u with joy.
Rest on soldier …legendary hustler.’’

Another sympathiser, Adedoyin Samuel Oluwatosin, wrote: ‘’No words can qualify this sadness, neither do(sic) any emoji, …rest on Alimi Abiodun BiobAlimi Abiodun BioiAlimi Abiodun Bio.

  1. Sad..

26th October 2021
Nigerian Pantagraph
Logo
%d bloggers like this: